Integrating Loadster with Slack
Thousands of software teams use Slack to collaborate on projects and chat in real time. Maybe yours is one of them! If so, where better to get updates than in a Slack room?
How Loadster & Speedway Integrate with Slack
The Slack integration can inform you when any of the following happens:
- Someone on your team launches a load test in Loadster
- One of your Speedway monitor fails or recovers
You’ll get a link to the load test or monitor right there in the chat, so you don’t waste valuable seconds or minutes figuring out what happened.
Better yet, your team will have a place in Slack to acknowledge the issue and discuss how to fix it quickly.
Slack Integration Prerequisites
And of course, you’ll probably want to enable site monitoring with Speedway, if you haven’t already, so its status can show up in Slack. If you haven’t set up site monitoring yet, only your load tests will show up in Slack.
Enabling the Slack Integration
Connecting the integration is a one time process that takes just a few minutes. Here’s how to go about it:
- Go to the Integrations section of your dashboard.
- Find the Slack section, and click Enable Slack.
- Slack will prompt you for permission to enable the integration. Make sure the Slack account you’re logged into is the one you want Loadster to send updates to; if not, switch to the correct Slack account.
- Tell Slack which channel you’d like us to post to. You can choose any channel. Loadster will only have permissions to this channel, and not to your other Slack conversations.
- Click Allow.
- Loadster and Slack will exchange some tokens in the background. Afterwards, you can close that browser window and return to your Loadster dashboard.
- That’s it! You’re connected.
Now that the Slack integration is enabled, Loadster will be able to post messages to the Slack channel you selected.
Testing the Slack Integration
Once you’ve got Loadster and Slack talking to each other, you can test the integration by doing either of the following:
- Launch a load test.
- Create a Speedway monitor that points to an invalid location, submits invalid data, or is otherwise broken. As soon as the monitor runs and fails, Loadster will post a message to Slack, typically within seconds. When you fix the monitor, and it runs again, Loadster will post a recovery message to the same channel.
Getting Help With the Slack Integration
The Loadster team supports this integration, and we want you to get the most out of it! If you have trouble or feature requests, please reach out at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist.