Integrating Loadster with PagerDuty
PagerDuty sits at the heart of your technology ecosystem and helps you quickly pinpoint outages and other issues.
If you’re using Speedway along with your Loadster scripts for site and API monitoring, connecting your PagerDuty account will ensure that your site monitors create and resolve incidents in PagerDuty whenever one of your monitors fails or recovers. From there, PagerDuty takes over to notify the right person on your team to fix it.
The PagerDuty integration is mainly of interest if you’re using Speedway, powered by Loadster, for site and API monitoring. You can enable and configure the PagerDuty integration in either Loadster or Speedway, but it is mainly your Speedway monitors that trigger the integration to create incidents in PagerDuty.
PagerDuty + Loadster/Speedway Integration Benefits
- Respond quickly to site outages, broken API endpoints, and any other issue that your Speedway monitors detect.
- Route the incident to the best person or team in your organization to diagnose and fix the issue.
- Collaborate with others on your team to resolve API outages and web application issues.
- Keep track of all kinds of incidents in one place.
- Track time to resolution and other metrics, so you can level up your team’s ability to respond quickly to problems.
How it Works
- When a Speedway monitor detects a problem with your site or application, it will create an incident in PagerDuty.
- PagerDuty will route the incident to the appropriate person or team to deal with the issue.
- In PagerDuty, you can reassign or escalate the incident.
- When your Speedway monitor detects a recovery, it will automatically resolve the incident in PagerDuty.
- A PagerDuty account
- A Loadster/Speedway account with at least one monitor
If you need help with this integration, please contact email@example.com. We’ll be happy to assist!
- From the Configuration menu, select Services.
- There are two ways to add an integration to a service:
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service: Click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then, select the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
- If you are creating a new service for your integration: Please read our documentation in section Configuring Services and Integrations and follow the steps outlined in the Create a New Service section, selecting Loadster as the Integration Type in step 4. Continue with the In Loadster section (below) once you have finished these steps.
- Enter an Integration Name in the format
monitoring-tool-service-name(e.g. Loadster-Monitors) and select Loadster from the Integration Type menu.
- Click the Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations tab for your service.
- An Integration Key will be generated on this screen. Keep this key saved in a safe place, as it will be used when you configure the integration with Loadster in the next section.
In Loadster or Speedway
- Go to the Integrations page of your dashboard.
- Click the Enable PagerDuty button in the PagerDuty section.
- Enter the Integration Key that you just created in PagerDuty.
- Save the integration settings. You’re all set!
Now, whenever one of your monitors detects a failure, it will automatically create an incident in PagerDuty. When the failing monitor recovers, it will mark the incident resolved.
How to Uninstall
To stop Loadster/Speedway from creating incidents in PagerDuty, go to the Integrations page and click the remove button to disable the PagerDuty integration and discard the Integration Key.