Integrating Loadster with VictorOps
VictorOps simplifies your approach to incident response. Whenever one of your monitors fails or recovers, Loadster will automatically create or update an incident in VictorOps. You can then set your own alert policies, route or escalate the issue automatically to whoever’s on call, and track of time to issue resolution across your entire organization.
It’s easy to integrate Loadster with VictorOps!
Enabling the VictorOps Integration
In your Loadster account, go to your Integrations page. Click the Enable VictorOps button in the VictorOps section.
You’ll be prompted for two things: a required Service API Key and an optional Routing Key. You’ll need to get these from your VictorOps account. To get a Service API Key that Loadster can use to communicate with VictorOps on your behalf, follow these steps:
- Log in to your VictorOps portal.
- Visit the Integrations tab.
- Find Loadster in the 3rd Party Integrations. If it’s not showing up, you can use the generic REST integration.
- Enable the Loadster integration.
- VictorOps will generate a Service API Key or Service API Endpoint that Loadster can use to communicate with the VictorOps API. If it’s a Service API Key, copy the key and paste it into Loadster. If it’s a Service API Endpoint, extract only the UUID portion of the URL near the end, and copy and paste it into Loadster.
You can also enter a Routing Key if you want Loadster incidents to follow specific routing rules when they are sent to VictorOps. If you don’t have a Routing Key in mind, or don’t know what this is for, simply leave it blank or enter everyone.
Testing the VictorOps Integration
Now that the integration is enabled, each time one of your Loadster monitors fails, an incident will be created in VictorOps. Incidents usually show up in VictorOps within seconds. When the same Loadster monitor recovers, the incident will be resolved in VictorOps.
You can test this by creating a Loadster monitor that points to an invalid location, submits invalid data, or is otherwise broken.
We’re happy to assist you if you have any trouble with the Loadster integration with VictorOps. If you encounter a problem that’s not covered on this page, get in touch at email@example.com and we’ll work through it with you.