Integrating Loadster with Slack
Thousands of software teams use Slack to collaborate on projects and chat in real time. Maybe yours is one of them! If so, where better to get updates on the status of your Loadster monitors than a Slack room?
How It Works
Whenever one of your Loadster monitors fails or recovers, Loadster will post a message to a Slack room of your choosing, so the right people on your team know about it and can react accordingly.
You’ll get a link to the monitor right there in the chat, so you don’t waste valuable seconds or minutes figuring out what happened.
Better yet, your team will have a place in Slack to acknowledge the issue and discuss how to fix it quickly.
What You’ll Need
And of course, you’ll want to create at least one Loadster monitor if you haven’t already, so Loadster will have something to tell Slack about. If you haven’t done that, set up a monitor.
Enabling the Integration
Connecting the integration is a one time process that takes just a few minutes. Here’s how to go about it:
- Go to the Integrations section of your Loadster dashboard.
- Find the Slack section, and click Enable Slack.
- Slack will prompt you for permission to enable the integration. Make sure the Slack account you’re logged into is the one you want Loadster to send updates to; if not, switch to the correct Slack account.
- Tell Slack which channel Loadster should post to. You can choose any channel you like. Loadster will only have permissions to this channel, and not to your other Slack conversations.
- Click Allow.
- Loadster and Slack will exchange some tokens in the background. Afterwards, you can close that browser window and return to your Loadster dashboard.
- That’s it! You’re connected.
Now that the Slack integration is enabled, Loadster will post messages to the Slack room you selected, every time a monitor fails or recovers.
Testing the Integration
Once you’ve got Loadster and Slack talking to each other, you can test the integration by creating a Loadster monitor that points to an invalid location, submits invalid data, or is otherwise broken. As soon as the monitor runs and fails, Loadster will post a message to Slack, typically within seconds. When you fix the monitor and it runs again, Loadster will post a recovery message to the same channel.
The Loadster team supports this integration, and we want you to get the most out of it! If you have trouble or feature requests, please reach out at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist.